looking for a new stove

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
Been using my HOBO stove for a while now, and like the look of the multifuel stoves. Looking for some help asto which would suit my needs.

I only cook solo, and would like the option of liquid fuel and gas bottles.. I have noticed some of you have bought the burner part and put it on a plate so it fits into the HOBO?

Can someone direct me to how this is done or if i can buy the complete kit?

Ideally I wouldnt like to spend more than £80 ish

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
forgot about this post, cheers for the ebay link, but £20 postage is a wee bit steep?

Rik- i understand your the daddy on stoves- is there anywhere i can buy an unbranded one in my area? or pop in to look,- just want to use liquid fuel (can get my hands on as much panel wipe as possible). doesnt need to be a big name brand, just reliable.

id ike to be able to adjust the heat somehow (simmer??)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
£20 postage is typical of Hong Kong sellers, they pay less eBay fees that way, that said £55 delivered is a good price. You can pay £60+++ for a second hand Optimus or Primus remember.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
The MSR Pocket Rocket is an absolutely brilliant stove and very cheap too!
If you really want something good then invest in the time and tools to build a few of your own stoves!

Wood gas stoves are my favorite and very simple to build and will fit into pots such as the Snow Peak trek 900, by applying basic physics to stove building you can produce some quality pieces as far as boil times and efficiency go!

Home made alcohol stoves are also brilliant little pieces of kit...plenty of designs out there, here's a good link to get you started!
http://zenstoves.net/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE