Long weekend at Badgells Wood, Kent

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Had a long weekend at Badgells Wood in Kent with some mates, couldn't have wished for better weather :)

I arrived on Thursday and spent the afternoon and evening by myself getting set up and settled in before the others arrived on Friday. It was very dark in the evening in the small clearing among the very tall chestnut coppice, and the owls screeching was something else, not heard anything like them before, not like the ones back home !

Lots of buzzards and woodpeckers and stuff too, great to just sit quietly and listen and watch for the wildlife.

There were some bushcraft classes running on the Saturday and Sunday too, run by Black Wolf Survival and I at last managed to have some success with the bow drill, having not managed it on other occasions elsewhere and at home, finally got it to work not once but twice, just to prove it wasn't a fluke :D

Didn't take many pics this time for some reason, but here's a few of my own setup, warbonnet blackbird xlc with whoopie slings, karabiners and tree straps, snugpak underblanket and alpkit rig 27 tarp. Very comfy it was too :D

And the general camp area, from the Thursday I think before the others arrived.

A great site, Mike and Karina who run it couldn't be friendlier or more helpful, and a great bunch of people I was with made it a fun trip, a good four nighter with all cooking and brews done on the camp fire each day.

I came home on Monday totally chilled out and, according to my wife, smelling like a kipper from all the wood smoke ! :D

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE