Loch Fyne

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Everything looked good on the drive round but when we got on the water we had an unexpected headwind and hefty swells. Was tough going and took a few hours to get to camp.

LF_MAY_01.jpg

Folk with any regard for their hull may want to look away now. The tides were really low all weekend so the barnacle factor was brutal.

LF_MAY_02.jpg

Better than usual driftwood haul. :)

LF_MAY_03.jpg

For most of friday evening we had an airshow. This intruder was prowling the area. Was a long way up gliding about - this is the only photo of dozens that caught it.

LF_MAY_04.jpg

S/He was getting harrassed from all angles. The most entertaining spell was when a wee hawk(?) chased it for a half mile or so nipping at it's tail.

LF_MAY_05.jpg

LF_MAY_06.jpg

Home sweet home.

LF_MAY_07.jpg

Came across a cluster of these. The other two were higher up(birch canopy) but the three of them were all within fifty metres or so from each other.

LF_MAY_08.jpg

Bit of a microcosm - had ferns and blaeberry, lichens and mosses. I scanned round it looking for toty wee rhodies. :D

LF_MAY_09.jpg

Ahhhh!

LF_MAY_10.jpg

LF_MAY_11.jpg

LF_MAY_12.jpg

The fishing was pants. :(

LF_MAY_13.jpg

Warming the oven up for the first time. We've smoked in it a couple of times but this was the first roasting and it done a chicken nicely. Was a touch well done on the bottom so anything in future will be popped on a thin slab.

LF_MAY_14.jpg

LF_MAY_15.jpg

Coming away it looked like a tranqual trip - and was for the first couple of miles. Then all those clouds came together, it got black and the final stretch wasn't far off the caper from the first photo.

LF_MAY_16.jpg

:)
Josh

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful :D and I love the oven :cool:

Did I tell you I have a source for air drying kilm cement, and it's weatherproof ?

Thanks for the photos :D

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Scott had to get back and I'd got a lift round with him.
No harm done though. I've swapped boats and am off again(somewhere) this afternoon. :)

Huh not fair :(

Have a good one

Take your mobile, I might try and catch up with you if you're still out at the weekend.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Will do.
Was reading Nagual's post there and the view from up above Dunoon put me in the mood to try the Lomond round at last. By friday I should be either just done or still working up Loch Long. Either way it'd be easy enough to meet up.

My phone is well flaky on Long, might be worth texting, they sometimes get through when nothing else is working. Works fine for all the rest of the route.

So, maybe see you up there.
:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Ah you're going for the Lomond Round, I thought might get that in at the moment :)

Have a good one mate and I'll check with the boss and hopefully catch up with you at the weekend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE