Liquid Smoke

C

Chitterne

The jerky posts on this site have set my mouth watering....but, a few year's ago, my wife threw out my 'lifetime's supply' of liquid smoke (bought back when we lived in Canada).

[In addition to making marinades for jerky etc; my free cheapskate top tip is a few drops in supermarket whisky for poor-man's laphroaig! ]

Does anyone have a top tip for a mailorder UK supplier?

(A search on this site showed a 2yr old liquid smoke thread with no current answers. Ebay shows a couple of people selling small £3 bottles at approx £6 incl postage. )

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Looking for a top tip rather than a google result :) have you used stubbs? any good?

Go on google, you may find a review or two, you only asked for a UK supplier. I've tried some, not that brand though. I'll ask a mate to send some more over from the States. Your best to try eBay, bound to be some there.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
To be honest I can't remember the brand I had off an American Stove collector I met three years ago in London, but it was very strong and very nice, worked great with pork chops. I've emailed the same bloke and asked if he will send me a small variety to try out. I receive and send some weird stuff to stovies in the States, all sorts from Twinkie bars to English biscuits; its a strange world we live in, I've got to know some really nice people through my strange hobbie:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE