lets see how good you lot really are :)

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i watched a program on tv last night about the great train robbery ( good program by the way ) throughout the program a song / tune kept being played, it was "Sinner Man" by Nina Simone originally i believe.

i'd like to find out who did the version on the program last night....

it had lots of fast hand clapping in it ( think double time ) and i think it was Indy style reggea

can anyone help ? :)

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Bugger! I thought I had it nailed there:rolleyes:

That version is by Felix Da Housecat I wonder if theres a remix ben done by someone at the film company. Was it the BBC drama or a documentary of some sort?

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
If you listen to the full length version of the Nina Simone Sinnerman, Forward to 04:20 on this track and take a listen from there. Its not this that you heard was it? If not then could it have been a remixed version of it?

[video=youtube;Bn5tiuZU4JI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5tiuZU4JI[/video]

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
that is sooooooo close ! if you listen to the double time hand clapping at around 5:04 - 5:30.........imagine that used as the percussion all the way through and quite prominent..ie: it wasn't just in the background

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Gotta be done, i can't help but lower the tone...

[video=youtube;z4AHIB8ruJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4AHIB8ruJk[/video]

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I've had a listen to the version on the BBC drama and the write up just keeps referring to Nina Simone. I cannot find it on any of the versions she has done or anyone else for that matter. I will keep looking though.

Outlaw13

Nov 20, 2013
Nottingham
Just played it back via iPlayer into Soundcloud and Soundcloud recognises it as Sinnerman. Top tune by the way, not heard it before.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
It was a brand new score composed by Paul Englishby for the BBC drama. His composition was based around Nina Simone's Sinnerman.

He was the same guy that composed the score and directed the music for Sunshine On Leith.

No doubt they will release the soundtrack at some point.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE