Leather Tool Belts

Pang

Forager
Sep 8, 2007
london
I've been looking around for leather belts, and i saw a leather tool belt, it's completely tanned leather and it looks great for bushcraft with compartments for knives and a hatchet as well as tinder and other bits and bobs, what you guys/girls think?

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
I actually considered one of these some time ago. A good idea if your working on a project in the woods. It saves you leaving the tools lying around on the floor. As a matter of course and wearing it all the time, it wouldn't be too practical I don;t think.

Pablo.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I have a tool belt from B&Q as my main trouser belt when bushcrafting. thick leather, bomb-proof construction, and it cost about £7. n ot sure about the pouches, but the belt is great. load it with stropping compound before you go out and you've got a great strop too.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I've used tool belts/nail bag's/pouche's etc quite a bit (when doing carpentery/fencing/decking's etc). They tend to esaily fill up with bits of rubbish they tend to let stuff fall out when (eg) your stooping over or bending or if they snag on something and the bag's lift up and let something fall out (usually something important like a nail bar or adjustable wrench) Plus they arent always comfortable to wear for long period's, thats why some types have added brace's to carry the weight. I would prefer to keep stuff in generous jacket or shirt pockets personally.

I've used tool belts/nail bag's/pouche's etc quite a bit (when doing carpentery/fencing/decking's etc). They tend to esaily fill up with bits of rubbish they tend to let stuff fall out when (eg) your stooping over or bending or if they snag on something and the bag's lift up and let something fall out (usually something important like a nail bar or adjustable wrench) Plus they arent always comfortable to wear for long period's, thats why some types have added brace's to carry the weight. I would prefer to keep stuff in generous jacket or shirt pockets personally.

^^^^^^
Ditto

I have a neat little bumbag which I sometimes use for tinder etc but I usually favour my side cargo pockets in my trousers.

Bodge

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
If your determined to get a tool belt these are the best pricy, but highly recommended by all who use them, they last and last
http://www.bestbelt.com/product/toolbelts/index.html
There was another called diamond back (IIRC) they made top quality custom bags from kevlar, cordura, nylon etc. But the bloke and his wife (I think it was a husband and wife team) retired unfortunately.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE