Leather Making Kit - the whole works!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I'd be interested in a Beginners setup put together by someone who knew what they were doing..

Slamdunks stuff looks good but I don't know what half the stuff is for ..

MickT

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
I'd be interested in a Beginners setup put together by someone who knew what they were doing..

Slamdunks stuff looks good but I don't know what half the stuff is for ..

MickT

I'd be happy to explain what everything is for; this is all the leather working tools/bits I've built up and is all suitable for beginners (as I am!). It's really a set of equipment for cutting, sewing, dying and finishing a project like a sheath, pouch or belt (which is what I used to make), including being able to put rivets and poppers in to the leather (for fastening) together with some of the hardware (buckles and such) for a finished project.

It's all good stuff I promise!

Dunc

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Not a bad idea....might not be cheap though, even the ready made Tandy beginners kit is over £140, and not everyone wants those tools.
http://www.tandyleatherfactory.co.uk/home/department/Starter-Sets/Starter-Sets.aspx

What we could do is start a new thread. Title it What should be in a beginner's leatherworking kit, and then when some kind of concensus is reached, see what kind of group buy that LePrevo might be up for ?

Christmas is a-coming and it'd make a good prezzie :D

cheers,
M

Hi all

I've found Tandy to be quite good at sending stuff out...they also do a wholesale club, where we might be able to get some sorta group buy thing going. Lastly, their Christmas Holiday Offers page on the website shows:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.co.uk/home/home.aspx

beginners kits at about half-price...deffo worth a look and I just bought the Basic leathercraft starter kit for only a few quid more than basic kit of six tooling irons; they would've nicked me about £18.00, whereas I got those six tools, plus various other stuff and kits to make various leatherwork projects for under £30.00...worth a look peeps?

Hope this helps, and hope to show y'all my first fumbled attempts early next year lol

A'ra best

DM ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE