Leather food help please

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
evening all, many years ago i used some type of "leather Food" that was in a round tin and was applied with a damp rag to restore the leather seats of a classic car...

i can't for the life of me remember what it was called............

can anyone help me here ?

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
helping a mate restore a mahoooooosive leather sofa, it's huge, at least 6 seater, all leather and brass studs, beautiful piece of furniture, it's very very old and has been sitting in an empty damp art gallery for a couple of years so needs a bit of TLC ( read a LOT of work :) )

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
That sounds great mate,loads of leather cleaners/preservers available.would love to see piccys if you can!

helping a mate restore a mahoooooosive leather sofa, it's huge, at least 6 seater, all leather and brass studs, beautiful piece of furniture, it's very very old and has been sitting in an empty damp art gallery for a couple of years so needs a bit of TLC ( read a LOT of work :) )

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I'll see what i can do :) this thing is heavy ! we're both reasonably sized blokes and we can only just lift it ! the timber frame must be 4 x 4 oak i reckon !

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Yeah, saddle soap in its cream form sounds the thing, I have a tin sitting hear, as well as the solid block form. Made by fieblings. Great for cleaning and rejuvenating leather.
After that I would look to using hide food, a mixture of lanolin and beeswax, to add some moisture back to the leather and give it a shine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE