Leather and rivets

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Hi there,

I've recently handled a couple of old elwell axes and would like to make up some sheaths for them. Can anyone advise on anywhere online or mail order I might be able to buy some leather thick enough and some rivets for the job?

Cheers

Barry

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
I made an axe sheath out of 4mm leather, badooly tough but its top notch for the strength n durability, hand bag leather n jacket leather just aint thick enough unless its off a motor bike jacket.

I can vouch for Leprevo and Tandy's, there is a few on ebay you can try as well.

Leather solutions - Leather
The wiskered Bat - Leather and tools
Ivorname - Tool's, dye's conditioners, rivits, screw etc

Hope it helps

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
quick question could i use old leather handbags or leather jackets to make stuff or would i have to buy special leather ?

Depends on exactly what you want to make and what the handbags etc are made from.

Basically; it's all subjective.

You can make "stuff" from any type of leather, you just need the right type for what ever you are making.

As far as suppliers go; I use Leprevo and wouldn't use anyone else, because I can buy face to face (and so can you Northumbrian,) it's a simple trip into Newcastle, whereupon a veritable "emporium" awaits:D

R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE