Lazy weekend.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Had a great weekend in Suffolk, we got up to the permission about 2.30 and set up the group shelter. Stu used the opportunity to try out his new OZTENT, and very impressive it is. I set up my usual diamond fly, and was set for the weekend, or so I thought. I was very tired that evening, so took myself off to bed early, about 8.30ish. A huge crack of thunder directly overhead, startled me awake at just after 3am, and I found myself lying in a puddle, lol.
Too late to do anything then, so I watched the lightning display for a few minutes, and as I wasn't cold went back to sleep, hooray for wool blankets. Next morning hung everything out to dry in the warm bright sunshine, and set up my hammock under the tarp.
Saturday was very hot, so after breakfast and a morning bimble.a few of us set to some spoonage, and some to goodhearted banter around the fire. John had some nice Chestnut, and I got him started on his first Kuksa. After dinner there were a few drinks, and a walk up to the Barley fields to watch a beautiful sunset. Sunday breakfast I had an egg baked in the embers of the fire, with a roll and strong black coffee. After clearing the site, we all headed home at about 10. Very relaxing weekend with a great bunch of guys, and only 2 mozzie bites.

Suffolk July 15 012.jpgSuffolk July 15 008.jpgSuffolk July 15 009.jpgSuffolk July 15 001.jpgSuffolk July 15 006.jpgSuffolk July 15 002.jpgSuffolk July 15 004.jpgSuffolk July 15 003.jpgSuffolk July 15 011.jpgSuffolk July 15 017.jpgSuffolk July 15 019.jpgSuffolk July 15 025.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE