Knife sharpening systems

samobaggins

On a new journey
Mar 26, 2014
Bicester
I have one and they are fine for keeping the edge if your blade edge is one of the fixed angles!! Either that or you re-profile all your knifes.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Select the bevel angles for the edges that you use. Depending upon the application and the need for steel behind the edge for support in service.
Between my kitchen and my wood carvings, I use 40, 30, 28, 20 & 12 degrees total included bevel angles.
The key points are that I can consistently replicate these for tune-ups and for damage repair.

Consistency is core. The finesse for the final edge is another thing. I like a little "tooth" to my kitchen blades.
It's all freehand but with the tricks that never get written down.
I'm happy to spill it all to anyone who can read.
I am not God's gift to sharpening. Instead, I am mildly annoyed that the published methods
lack the essential points to make it all happen.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
i like the idea of a fixed angle as it stops rounding the edge on knives, theres convex and then theres round, and keeping the edge bevel uniform. Then i suppose it will help with chisels, getting them square and flat can be a problem, maybe a littlehand sharpening in the woods for a touch up. As for the selective angle that ruins it in my opinion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE