Kettle Sleeve

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Posted this over on SotP but thought I'd pop it on here too.

Hi All,

Had a small dose of Duluth fever recently, thanks for that slamdunk
wink.gif
and decided I wanted something nice to carry my ghillie kettle in. Pointless but rewarding
biggrin.gif
In speaking to MagiKelly, he mentioned he had some heavy canvas and a sewing machine but hadn't really done too much with it. Luckily for me he was suitably inspired by my proposal :naughty: and I got the kettle sleeve yesterday. There was also a wee belt in the parcel for going round the top so that saved me some leather and a buckle!!
bigok.gif
Anyway, here it is;

Front view

PA060250.jpg

Rear view, I put a loop in as the strap is pretty long to accomodate all sizes and makes of kettle and it flapped about annoyingly (cat loved it though!)

PA060252.jpg

Kettle out the bag

PA060254.jpg

Compared to the old bag(!)

PA060256.jpg

Not to everyones taste I know but I'm pretty pleased with it, it looks and feels nice, much better than the black nylon thing.

Big, big thanks to MK for doing all the hard work with the canvas and having all the right tools, I handstitched a wee bit of the canvas and it was bloomin' heavy going, wouldn't like to do much more so
hail.gif

for that. Leather work was straightforward couple of rivets and some tabs.
Now about a pouch for my trangia 27-8.......
whistle.gif

Cheers,

Alan

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nicely done John, I thought you were having a go yourself at Achray Alan ?

Looks the part and something I've been meaning to do with my KK for a while now.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Nicely done John, I thought you were having a go yourself at Achray Alan ?

MK did the canvas and I did the leather. He included a leather belt that was to go round the top but that didn't work too well but after some cutting and punching and dyeing it worked great for the straps. Saved me a good bit of time :D

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE