Keela gear

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Evening all

After being battered by 3 hours of horizontal rain and wind on Snowdon yesterday, i have realised that my waterproofs are not up to scratch, and plan on re-investing asap!

A friend has recommended Keela waterproof clothing, and i haved eyed up the Cumulus jacket, and their Rainlife 5000 trousers.

Has anyone any experience of this gear? Is it as good as my mates rants? I must say the prices are very attractive.

cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've had their Munro for around ten years, it's not had much use for a while but it still sheds off the rain and is packed with features. It was standard issue to some S&R teams for a while, I don't know if it still is these days.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
My understanding is that there are two or three main contenders in MRT shells and they tend to be UK makes, Keela, ME , Montane, Paramo but it is usually the very top of the range! The DofE clothing ( not the retail crag hopper stuff) is Keela and the primaaloft jacket gets good reviews, I have their fusion soft-shell and it certainly is unlikely to fall apart anytime soon! My lad has a Montane superfly which was a bargain in Tamarack sale and he really likes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE