karabinas.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Hi, can anyone recommend somewhere to get some not-too-expensive karabinas?

I am looking for some for a hammock mod so they need to be able to take my bodyweight.

Thanks,
Asa.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Look for a quickdraw set Asa, it's two crabs joined together by a short length of webbing. You can pick them up in most climbing shops and and won't cost much more than buying a single crab on it's own. You can get some decent climbing gear on fleabay as well, just check the KN rating first though, something around 25KN will do you fine.

I use these ....

http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorg...itron-Quickdraw.html?pid=1692154&aid=10279061

..... which I got from GoOutdoors for about £8 a couple of years ago

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Got a couple with two 6ft climbing tape loops on, Want to trade something bushcrafty????

Jay

I don't really have anything I'm afraid, my kit is pretty minimal at the moment. Plus endicotts is supplying me some extra strong paracord and I don't want to turn away from the deal. Thanks a lot for the offer though :)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I've bought the DMM Tru Screw and Pro Wire karabiner's at Field & Trek and found them to be really good. F & T had the best prices too. Also have a couple of of titanium locking gate karabiner's which are tiny and soooo light, though I don't recall the brand, nor the capacity.

dmmtruscrew.jpg
prowire.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE