just starting out any idea on the gear

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
This is a recent thread, giving an idea of what's needed. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101039

There are loads of little things that you can also add to your kitbag, to make your outing alot less stressfull. For example I always keep a large tough plastic bag with me. You can use it as a kneeling or sitting matt when starting a fire, or enjoying the heat. Cut the sides to make a bigger area, for example when preparing food or emptying your pack. Use it as a rubbish bag to take everything home with you. The possiblities are endless!

Its little pieces of equipment like this that make bushcrafting a whole lot easier and enjoyable.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Really its all about the learning curve, just go with what you have then decide what you really need. Start with cheap easily available item so if you loose break them whilst getting started its not so bad as loosing top drawer stuff. Oh & the best of luck I'm partially disabled don't do to much but they are the best crowd in the land on here. Have fun always.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE