JRB Hammocks

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Where is the best place to get one?

Im interested to try one out and if i get on with it i'll sell my DD, but cannot find anywhere in the UK?

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
You could put a "wanted" post on here or hammock forum (USA) & see if anyone wants to sell second hand. Other than that, I suspect you'd have to order from JRB direct.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
I've had a look through the FS on here and the hammock forum and none there? im not currently a full member so cannot post wanted ads yet.

Im assuming that i'd get stung for tax if purchased new from the US? or is it hit and miss? also would i get caught for tax on second hand purchase's ??

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Which one are you after Mark, I had the Bridge for a whiel but didn't get on with it

You won't get one this side of the pond unless you pick one up secondhand from somewhere, they come up on HF quite often if you can persuade the seller to post over here.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Which one are you after Mark, I had the Bridge for a whiel but didn't get on with it

You won't get one this side of the pond unless you pick one up secondhand from somewhere, they come up on HF quite often if you can persuade the seller to post over here.

Im interested in the Bridge, the spreader bars, flatter lay and lack of shoulder sqeeuze are appealing so i thought i'd have ago.

Why didnt you get on with it? if you dont mind me asking?

I've thought about trying to mod my DD do include some spreader bars, but i dont think its going to work

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Believe it or not but I found I had more shoulder squeeze with the BMBH than I do with my Blackbirds, they're flat but I think the lack of shoulder squeeze is a myth. I'm a skinny bloke though so maybe it's better if you're a bit broader.

It's hard to describe but in a conventional hammock you kind of get nestled into the fabric, with a bridge you're laid on top of it and those sides tend to pull in I found.

I'm trying to think who I sold mine to on here .....

Gailainne

Life Member
Believe it or not but I found I had more shoulder squeeze with the BMBH than I do with my Blackbirds, they're flat but I think the lack of shoulder squeeze is a myth. I'm a skinny bloke though so maybe it's better if you're a bit broader.

It's hard to describe but in a conventional hammock you kind of get nestled into the fabric, with a bridge you're laid on top of it and those sides tend to pull in I found.

I'm trying to think who I sold mine to on here .....

That was my old one? I never suffered from squeeze in it, and certainly not on my Grizz bridge, I can lie with my hands behind my head in that, it does somewhat depend on your insulation, Shewie uses underblankets and I use mats or an exped type self inflating pad.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I tried a JRB a while back, and I'm with Shewie in terms of my experience, although I can't comment on the Grizz Bridge, there was still shoulder squeeze in the JRB.

I have a similar setup to Shewie by the sounds of it (although I have a clone of a Warbonnet) which gives no shoulder squeeze, and when used with the Exped 7DLX its huge! The mat spreads the hammock and provides insulation to boot. I can sleep on my side or my front with ease, and I'm 6'2" and 98kg!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That was my old one? I never suffered from squeeze in it, and certainly not on my Grizz bridge, I can lie with my hands behind my head in that, it does somewhat depend on your insulation, Shewie uses underblankets and I use mats or an exped type self inflating pad.

Hello stranger :)

I think a mat would be a better option for me. I think because I was laid on the flattish surface of the BMBH the thing that comes into contact is the sides, rather than the whole of the body like a normal hammock.

I'd like to give one another go, hopefully your mkIII one day :)

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
cheers all, im 6ft and 15st so not small, but i use a exped mat so hopefully it will stay flatish.

Does any one know if i will get stung for tax's if i bought one new?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Oh yes, probably. They won't 'help' on customs either.

You'll pay in pounds total to get it to your door what you pay for the basic goods in dollars. If customs miss it, celebrate-it does happen, especially at this time of year.

Oh yes, probably. They won't 'help' on customs either.

You'll pay in pounds total to get it to your door what you pay for the basic goods in dollars. If customs miss it, celebrate-it does happen, especially at this time of year.

Amen!

And on the sponsor a UK possibility: why don't you give the guy (sorry forgot his name) at UK hammocks a shout!

Great service (only got some whoopieslings), no connections to seller bla bla bla...

Grtz Johan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE