Jones Style hats in the UK?(Not Indiana!)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I have been looking for a Jones style hat but only seem to find them in the States or Canada. Anybody know if they're sold over here? Here's what I'm after;

http://www.johnsonwoolenmills.com/m...Code=JWM&Product_Code=JH&Category_Code=ICEHAT

I'm not really after tartan, I'd prefer green or brown. I remember my grandpa wearing one of these and Dick Proenneke has a couple in his video as well. All the old boys used to wear them in Canada when I was a kid, I think they were a fairly standard duck hunting cap...any ideas? I thought of Jack Pyke but couldn't find any, and shipping is dear from the States for such a small item. :(

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Hi Sasquatch

This/these any good Link removed at the request of urban excess

Cheers

Sack

Last edited by a moderator:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I wish I could say they were Sack! I've got trapper hats, including the herringbone one on that link. The Ignite Mix Master Earflap Trapper Cap on there is close to the one I'm after but I've already got a brown Diesel one that's real similar but not quite the real deal. I've got loads of hats but I'm after a particular style that seems to be like rocking horse sh@t these days. Here's a better picture of the type I'm after;

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/51415?page=wool-jones-style-hat

This one looks a bit too high but it's the style I'm after. I appreciate your looking though! Cheers fella;)

Chad

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Bardster- again they're close to what I'm after but not quite, thanks for looking! I think I'll have to wait until my next visit home, go to the farmers market and throw a copy of Big 'Uns in the air and a Trans Am carb repair kit on the floor and stand back until the carnage clears...there should be one of these hats ownerless by the end of it.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
What about these they do them in british dpm also, they are mill issue for cold climates. very comfy and warm and with the added bonus of being water proof you almost dont need a hood .

http://www.google.co.uk/products?oe...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQrQQwAg

You lot aren't going to like me after this thread, I've got a hat nearly identical to that as well but it's not the vintage cut I'm after. Everyone's help and suggestions are truly appreciated, I thought I'd put it out there to see if anybody has seen the exact type I'm after in the UK before. To be honest it's even proving hard to find them the other side thesedays. Cheers guys!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm off to Saville Row then, sounds like it might be the easiest option. Possibly the dearest as well, but maybe worth a rootin tootin hat...

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
get in touch with them and ask if they will put it in a standard USPS box for you, something like that should fit in the standard $12 one. Most American stores seem to be fairly accommodating, and if you explain why you are so desperate for one...... ;D :D :D :D

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Only hat I've seen that shape was a womens lawn bowls hat

Looks like I'll be in the bowling shops with the ladies then...

Bardster; I've been in touch with that company, I've put my case forward and pointed out it was only a small hat. Whilst they seem like good folk they made it clear the best they could do was post to my family in Canada at around $20...might be my best option but it really drives the price up considering I still have to get it from Canada to the UK. I might just leave it until the next time I visit or someone comes over. I was surprised as I've posted enough to the States at reasonable rates and bought stuff from Ebay at decent rates as well. :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE