Jambo! Brit in East Africa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thomascraft

Dec 13, 2016
Nairobi
Hi guys,

British guy working in the humanitarian field based in Nairobi but covering East and Southern Africa giving me plenty of opportunity to explore the African bush. I love nothin more than exploring the wildlife here and attempting to learn as much as possible about the traditional way of life for the various tribes in this region. Best find so far are a couple of smoking pipes from the Toposa tribe in Kapotea Region of South Sudan. One has been made from a 50cal bullet casing, which is very telling of the recent history, but a beautiful example of traditional lifestyles being maintained and surviving through adversity and globalisation.

Look forward to hearing more from all of you, and using the collective knowledge here to further my own! Have just posted something in the Resources forum for info on traditional crafts still being practiced in Jasper/Banff area of Canada if anyone can help!?

TJL

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE