Is this webstore OK?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Abbey's sound. They sell to saddle makers and repairers. Not cheap, but they will consistantly (repeatable) stock good quality materials.

They used to send a catalogue on request, and just sent updated price lists when things changed.

The thread you are looking at though is also available from taxidermist suppliers. I'm sure I saw some on ebay not so long ago.

Either way, Abbey's reliable.

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If the thread works out horrendously expensive, try googling for it on mainland Europe. I bought in linen thread from Germany that was a fraction of the price I would have had to pay here, and the quality was superb.
I used the German, Latvian, Polish words for linen in my searches and found masses of good stuff.
The Swedish used to (maybe still do :dunno:) make superb linen thread for weaving, and some of those suppliers also supplied heavy weight sewing thread too.

Interested to hear what you find :)

cheers,
Toddy

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Ill keep you updated.
I can get Barbour thread here in Norway to, but at 3-4 times the price. Ill check out the german sites to.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How much do you need ? There's a fabric discount store in Glasgow who had a load of Barbour threads going very cheaply.....I could phone tomorrow and see if he has any left ?

cheers,
M

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
I am nit sure yet. For the time being I am only checking.
Some of it will be used for bowstring, some for leather stitching.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE