Insurance for hosting wild camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

artfulwoodsmith

Aug 10, 2024
newcastle
Hi,
I'm new to this group.
I'm looking for any recommendations of insurance companies please?
I'd like to start officially hosting wild camping and wood craft groups in my woodland and am not sure where to start with insurance. There seem to be a lot of options and I'm sure a lot of them wont actually be needed.
Any help appreciated!
Caroline

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The minimum insurance you need is public liability - this covers you for any claim that a member of the public makes (including trespassers). This will also cover you for claims made by your campers and crafters.

If you employ anybody you will need employer liability insurance. You need this even if the people working for/with you are volunteers.

You may need professional indemnity cover if you, or one of your associates, instruct or give advice to your participants. This covers you for claims of negligence etc.

You are unlikely to get any kind of accident cover for your campers and crafters - it is far to open ended for an insurance company to access the risk; but you don't need it.

If you are running your enterprise on a commercial basis your premiums will be higher.

You will be expected to show due diligence - be suitably experienced and/or qualified for the activities carried out, carry out appropriate risk analysis, implement mitigation etc.

I can recommend this company (they provide our group insurance at a very reasonable rate - but we are not commercial).

Markel Direct :

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE