inspiring scout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
last night i was doing a little navigation skills with my troop.
one of our new additions who has only been with us for three weeks from cubs absolutely blew me away pointing out constellations here there and everywhere, he even taught me and the sectional assistant a new method of finding the north star.
And the most amazing thing is he is self taught from a cd/dvd.
i have high hopes for this lad. just wanted to share my amazement

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
It's times like that, when the kids teach you something, that reminds you just how much Scouting can do for everyone.

Looks like you need to run an astronomy evening soon!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Certainly not quite so wholesome but I gave my mate's lad a game of pool the other day and he showed me how to fiddle the table so you get two games for 50p.
I've been playing on that same table for 17 years!

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
It's nice to meet a youngster like that, a good time was had then.
Mind you I could do with him to show me how to tune my TV recorder.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
And the dvd is ?

+1 would also love to find out. I used to as a kid be really into astronomy and space, and could tell you loads about the constellations etc. Sadly, as my interests changed/moved on, and working/learning took over, I forgot that knowledge.

One day I will get a decent telescope again. Bushcrafting and astronomy are ideal pastimes to go hand in hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE