Inspired improvised fid (for paracord)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Decided to have another go at making a paracord whoopie so headed out to the woods. Unfortunately, the spot I wanted to sit in was occupied by some "yooves" (who were probably picking up litter and sanding out the graffiti carved in the rocks). However, I found another place to sit (close enough to make them uncomfortable, although the music they were blaring out made it pretty uncomfortable for me)

Realised I didn't have any sticky tape to attach the ends of the paracord to the ballpoint pen inner I was using as a fid (not original - it's been done before). However, I did, as ever, have a lighter and used it to join the pen to the cord quite securely:

05775d40.jpg

Despite a small burn (although this was actually from sealing the end of the main paracord length I'd cut mine from) it went very well. Pictures on this thread

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE