In Which Tengu Inevitably Accumilates More Junk.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh no, you say.

was given three old ridge tents.

Sadly none are complete.

a two man minus poles and fly sheet (is that the name of the outer sheet??) (looks decent) canvas

a two man with poles but still no fly sheet (cheap looks) artificial material

a four man with outer sheet but damaged groundsheet and I cant make head nor tail of the poles that came with it. Canvas

I dont think there is anything I can do with them...but I now have a `lot` of canvas, tent bits and a huge bag of pegs plus also I can probably make a nice tarp from the groundsheet of the big.

do you have any further suggestions?

or want anything??

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
You could butcher a tent to make a canvas bedroll. Heavier than a bivi bag but safer near a fire.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Tengu, did you ever see that program about an old Polish guy who lived in a house that was SO full with stuff you couldnt even get in the door............... :D

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
We I was reenacting we canibalised a tent to make some shelter flys and groundsheets. You can see a camp of my old unit here
image37.JPG

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Snurfkin, whats a canvas bedroll like??

Janiepops, I know that guy...he is my father(and wife)

I dont accumilate stuff as have bits given to me. People know that I either use an item, or give it to someone who will, or sell or swap it on. so they give me items that otherwise would be thrown away.

Im planning on making some canvas shopping bags for christmas presents. light ones that roll up small. I have a sewing machine now.

But theres lots of other things I could do. (like a bag for my folding BBQ)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE