In search for a mini Library

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey there Lads and Lasses,

I'm searching for a series of books which will grant me the knowledge of identifying the basic plants, edibles, mushrooms , and perhaps aquatic life

I hoped to get my hands on a series of books which clearly explaines to me the most common species of mushrooms of northern Europe, with its purposes. basic edible plants and medicinal plants. and a book about identifying tree species
anything you guys could recommend

Yours sincerely Ruud

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey there Lads and Lasses,

I'm searching for a series of books which will grant me the knowledge of identifying the basic plants, edibles, mushrooms , and perhaps aquatic life

I hoped to get my hands on a series of books which clearly explaines to me the most common species of mushrooms of northern Europe, with its purposes. basic edible plants and medicinal plants. and a book about identifying tree species
anything you guys could recommend

Yours sincerely Ruud

RM's Wild Food is good. Large and heavy though. It follows the same (scientific) taxonomy as a flora / field guide - which enables you to make notes more easily. Thomas J. Elpel's "Botany in a day", is a good book for learning plants by large numbers (plants from the same family - even though they look quite different - have, according to Elpel, the same edible / medicinal properties).

Both Wild Food and Botany in a day are standing on my bookshelf, you're more than welcome to have a looksy.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
If you can still find one ----- The Hamlyn Guide to Edible and Medicinal Plants of Britain and Northern Europe by Edmund Launert.
Covers plants,trees,sea weeds,grasses,mushrooms. Plus some recipes for Soups.Snacks,starters and main dishes.Salads,sauces and spreads.Sweets,syrups,preserves,jellies and jams.Drinks.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I can recommend the collins gem books!
I have Mushroom, Birds, Food For Free, Seashore, Wild animals, trees, Digital Photography, & sas survival books.
Really small pocket sized books with great info, I have been using them for 20 years, Good Books!!!...

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey Fat Rog,
Thanks for the link I indeed was already spying on the Collins Gem collection, lots of promising stuff and really clear and simple.

Hey Johan,

Ooh boy would I like to, guess I will have to make you a nice dinner soon then aye,
that would count for a semi house warming wouldnt it ^^

Hey Birchwood,

lost of s'es in that last part ^^ that sound like a superb book, I will be looking in to that

Hey Rockmonkey,
Thanks for the recommendation I saw the tree book from John Fenna the other day on the moot,
I loved the way it worked, Thanks ^^

Hey Swright81076
Thanks for that I will pass a look to that food for free book, I heard of that tittle before

Yours sincerely Ruud

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey Johan,

Ooh boy would I like to, guess I will have to make you a nice dinner soon then aye,
that would count for a semi house warming wouldnt it ^^

Haha, not necessarily. But if you're offering :naughty:
Housewarming somewhere in the new year, party with drinks at the current address somewhere in December I reckon ... I'll keep you posted ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE