In or around Castle Donnington

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi there, now that I can drive I will find it a lot easier to get to meets etc. Just wondering is there anyone in or around the castle donington area that might be interested in a meet? Doesn't need to be bushy, could even be a friendly drink in a pub with a game of pool or something just to put faces to names. Quite interested in meeting like minded people seeing as most of my friends aren't interested in bushcraft.

Cheers

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
I'm originally from Nottm/Derby area and stay with the old gal when i'm back over at Belper.

So when i'm next over we can sort out somewhere to meet and grab a pint if you fancy it.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I'm near Melton Mowbray.

Possible BCUK meets are Rough Close near Coventry, Derbyshire Meeters (but not yet been to one of theirs) and a meet in Lincolnshire is likely some time this year

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Cbr6fs - hi, yeah i'd definitely be up for that! When do you think you'll be over next?

Elines - I know I've just never had chance to get to any of them. Been very unfortunate in that all of them fall on weekends I'm busy! :rant: have you ever stayed at Staunton Harold reservoir? I found a secluded beach if you walk through the woods it was very nice when I wild camped with mates there :) would you ever be interested in a get together? I know there's a buchcraft training school over your way so there must be plenty of nice little patches of woodland :)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
......................Elines - I know I've just never had chance to get to any of them. Been very unfortunate in that all of them fall on weekends I'm busy! :rant: have you ever stayed at Staunton Harold reservoir? I found a secluded beach if you walk through the woods it was very nice when I wild camped with mates there :) would you ever be interested in a get together? I know there's a buchcraft training school over your way so there must be plenty of nice little patches of woodland :)

PM being sent

gan_pi

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2011
Manchester, UK
cbr6fs: I grew up in Ripley small world eh?
bushcraftsman: I seem to recall some peeps talking about going to Shining Cliff on a semi regular basis - search on here and I'm sure you'll find it

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Cbr6fs - hi, yeah i'd definitely be up for that! When do you think you'll be over next?

We're back over for a few weeks this summer for sure, it's looking like July but nothing booked yet.
I'll give you a shout when we've booked the flights and know what we're doing.

If we can make it in the day time i'll drop me Mrs off in Nottm for the day ;)

cbr6fs: I grew up in Ripley small world eh?

Aye it certainly is, i lived in Langley Mill and Heanor for about 10 years, many a blurry night spent in The Regal when i was younger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE