If you have Netflix - dangers of social media for the young

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Trailer on Youtube:

"Audrie & Daisy" :- Two different girls sexually assaulted on two different nights, in two different towns. Audrie & Daisy takes a hard look at the issues faced by America's teenagers who are coming of age in the new world of social media bullying spun wildly out of control.

[video=youtube;29Dr4ChJUBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Dr4ChJUBc[/video]

Full program on Netflix is disturbing, not for children, but well worth watching.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Ah yes. Remember this from when Anonymous got involved to publicise the fact the case had been dropped.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Lazy thread title. We're expected to hit the link with no idea what it is? Why not make some introduction, tell us what it's about?

In two towns on different sides of America, two teenage girls pass out while intoxicated at high school parties and, while unconscious, both are sexually assaulted by boys they call friends. In the aftermath, the girls each endure online harassment, both attempt suicide, and tragically, one dies

Proper decent input, cheers. Did they have a tarp and a Primus?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its about the sexual abuse of two young girls and the attitude shown them by local communities...you have slow broadband or can't spare a minute or two to have a look:rolleyes:

Go carve a spoon, I'm sure thats more important to you.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Its about the sexual abuse of two young girls and the attitude shown them by local communities...you have slow broadband or can't spare a minute or two to have a look:rolleyes:

Go carve a spoon, I'm sure thats more important to you.

Lazy thread title. We're expected to hit the link with no idea what it is? Why not make some introduction, tell us what it's about?

Proper decent input, cheers. Did they have a tarp and a Primus?

Its a fair comment Rik , a small descriptive wouldn't have taken a minute of your time either.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The sentiment is true but surely it belongs in 'other chatter'. Sad that this is a result of the society they live in. Parents, school, nature v nurture, who knows but so sad.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Okay, this Mod was fooled by the original description and the thread was moved off the open forum to ascertain what it was that Rik was posting. Content has now been checked by a couple of mods and its good to go back, albeit in Other Chatter. I made a couple of adjustments to Rik's original post just to make it clearer what it was about and that it wasn't just "click bait" of some sort.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thank you, we live in strange times and you can't hide children from technology but we need to be open with them and support them so they can enjoy the benefits this technology gives.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
I do not see any benefits of social media for youth or adults.
It is a force driven by peoples emptiness.

Just get out in the realworld! Meet your friends and do nice stuff outdoors !

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, I am not moved any more than you are.

Young people managed perfectly badly before social media. Not a new story.

(I am dubious about everything.)

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I do not see any benefits of social media for youth or adults.
It is a force driven by peoples emptiness.

Just get out in the realworld! Meet your friends and do nice stuff outdoors !

To be fair, you are in essence on social media right now..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE