Icom ICR5 Communications Receiver

logray

May 27, 2007
Coleraine
Hi , For sale is an Icom ICR5 Communications Receiver. In great condition, well looked after , comes complete with box manual , charger (no rechargeable batteries) I've always used Duracell AA for best performance and literally get weeks of use with them

Also comes with additional Waston 881 Super Gainer. This radio is an absolute Airband champ. Really clear audio. Also great for for many many other comms monitoring

I am selling this for £90 including special delivery , tracked , insured etc.

Many thanks
Mark

Last edited:

logray

May 27, 2007
Coleraine
Another price drop, how about £75 delivered. Anyone interested ? These are top quality receivers, expensive when new

thanks
Mark

logray

May 27, 2007
Coleraine
Hi there, you can listen to quite a lot if you know your frequencies, anything from commercial radio stations to Airband, Marine bands, PMR (personal mobile radio) your local buses, taxies, security guards, emergency services if not on digital, Amateur radio bands , even the international space station if you're lucky.

It has 0.150 to 1309.995MHz wide band coverage with AM, FM, WFM modes

It has a search and store feature whereby you can leave it to scan and it will find frequencies in your area over time and store them for easy scanning in the future. For example I have around 17 different Airband frequencies stored in a memory bank for all the transmissions for local and passing continental air traffic.

Basically you can listen to any unencrypted analogue radio transmission within the range of 0.150 to 1309.995MHz and obviously within range if the antenna. On really clear days I have listened to and identified using Planefinder commercial airliners at 30+ thousand feet and approx 60 km away.. Listening to an Echolink repeater one day I was able to hear to a conversation between a local amateur radio operator taking to another from a beach in Hawaii who was using an iphone to connect to the local Echolink repeater.

If you know where to look there’s quite a lot to listen to

check out the link below for a good review of the radio

http://www.ukmidlandscanner.co.uk/r5rev.htm

cheers
Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE