HWMBLT's photos from the Falls of Clyde

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No idea why Himself's reluctant to post these :dunno: I think they're good, I can almost feel the ground reverberating with the water falling and smell the mist in the air from them :)
Taken in the middle of last month.

Falls of Clyde 1

14201280192_336e48efe3_z.jpg

Falls of Clyde 2

14017137120_39f2342c4b_z.jpg

Falls of Clyde 3

14017099049_b1a8fb34fa_z.jpg

Falls of Clyde 4

14223926633_9941514188_z.jpg

Falls of Clyde 5

14223904553_ce2e93e84d_z.jpg

atb,
Toddy

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Stealthy chap that Clyde, can't see him in any pics ... or is 'Falls of Clyde' not a Scot's version of 'Where's Wally?'?

Nice pics though :approve: :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

Corra Linn, Bonnington Linn, Dundaff Linn and Stonebyres linn, are the waterfalls and pools of the River Clyde above New Lanark.

The area's not that far up the valley from us.

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I love white water canoeing :D HWMBLT and his friends taught me to do it on the river Awe, which is truly impressive white water :)

The upper Clyde is much used for hydropower but the electricity folks let the full flow out over the falls at times, and the Earth literally shakes with the water. It's absolutely brilliant to see. It was one of our favourite walks when the boys were little, and the first time I held Son1 on the banks while the river was in full spate, I could feel the sheer rush of absolute delight that he felt coursing through him. We had to go back every time they opened the sluices, for years :)

The whisky coloured water is because the upper ward of Lanark is moorland and the water is full of peat run off. Our tap water used to occasionally run with it when there had been really heavy rains that flooded the filters. Now they strip it and chemical it to tastelessness :(

To most folk Lanarkshire is considered industrial; mining, steel working, but to be honest most of it's lush and green, even around the remaining industrial areas and the suburbs.

For some reason HWMBLT isn't impressed with his photos, but I like them :D

cheers,
M

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I am the same with 90% of the pics i take and i am terrible for deleting them on the spot and getting home with just a handful of pics, i took much more better pictures when i had to send the film away to be developed, I plan to learn to white water with some proper tuition/training this summer.

Do you still canoe/kayak?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE