Hotlock Insulated Scout Box

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
For sale, an insulated Hotlock box, designed to keep food hot or cold. I bought this in a Scouting shop many years ago, and it was been used on about 2 car camping trips over a decade ago an sat unused ever since.

The box is aluminium lined, and has a central chamber that can be filled with hot water or crushed ice according to what temperature you want. I have only ever used it as a cool box, and it performed perfectly well.

It contains 12 aluminium dishes (6 slightly deeper) with lids, the lids also doubling as plates, or as a base for the dishes.

It is a bit dusty (I'll soon sort that) and has one or two storgage marks, but is essentally as it was when I bought it.

This is not a lightweight bit of kit, weighing in at 7.3Kg according to my bathroom scales, but then as it would be best suited to a large group this wouldn't be a problem. Dimensions are 50 x 32 x 22cm.

Would suit a scout group or other similar outfit, or anyone hosting events with largish numbers of events. This is a bit old school but it is rugged and will last a lifetime.

I'll be honest and say I have no idea what these are worth, but I will price it at £30 with buyer to collect or arrange postage, or I can send it my MyHermes or suchlike (buyer to pay postage). If people have an idea of the value of these please let me know, especially if I am over-pricing it. I will accept Paypal or Bank Transfer.

Pictures
15538366441_51360c62b3_b.jpg

Rear view showing the original labels and the rubber bung seal to the water chamber.
14920304744_3ceb1ee6ae_b.jpg

Boxed up.
14920869763_286908c832_b.jpg

Thanks for looking. Feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Interesting bit of kit,well done both parties,I must say it's refreshing to see a forum,that's not plagued with messers or scammers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE