Hide Bound leather tankard review!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
yes, another one already, I have caught the bug! ;)

This is a handmade leather tankard mainly for ale :beerchug: but it caters for all cold drinks. It is hand stitched with a lovely light brown leather with lovely thick leather and quality stitching. It is lined with brewers pitch to increase its strenght and durability and to protect the leather. the tankard is a copy of a historical model called the "Medieval Jack". it is absolutely beautiful and has clearly been made at the hands of an experienced craftsman. The design dates from around the 10th century and certainly has a historical feel to it. I have had a variety of different drinks from it and it might be me, but everything tasted nicer coming out of it, or maybe i was just chuffed with my purchase. :)

Hde Bound do a variety of other models including the Viking and Tudor tankards. I was originally going to go for the viking but plumped for the Medieval Jack as it was in one of my favourite colours and just felt right. :)

here are some photos:

image_zps0c7cac19.jpg
[/IMG]

image_zpsad2b84fb.jpg
[/IMG]

image_zpsfed4c813.jpg
[/IMG]

I truly love it and have not a bad word to say about it! I love the fact it is handmade and truly handmade, you can really tell it is good quality. I can reccomend Hide Bound and their products, a great company!

thanks for reading! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE