Help With Flint.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
Rochester, Kent
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go about breaking off some shards of flint.
This is the piece of flint. Basicaly i need to flake off some core shards for torjusg(and anyone else who wants any ;) ) and i don't have a clue how to do so.
Cheers.

dsc00117gd9.jpg

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Bushcraft4life said:
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go about breaking off some shards of flint.
This is the piece of flint. Basicaly i need to flake off some core shards for torjusg(and anyone else who wants any ;) ) and i don't have a clue how to do so.
Cheers.

dsc00117gd9.jpg
Funny you should mention flint, I went to my a place where last year the beach was littered with good sided chunks of reasonable looking flint, only to find that the storm that beached a huge container ship, had washed all the pebbles away and left just the beach sand. My hope of knapping some flint blades and arrowheads was dashed, like the containers that litter the beach just up the coast.

Nov 19, 2005
Tennessee
You might want to ask the guys over at PaleoPlanet . If you scroll about half way down the main page you'll see the flint knaping section, there's some great guys with a lot of info over there.

Bryan

Paul W

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 5, 2005
SE London
Hi,

I live just down the road from you and have PM'd you. I'll show you how to do it if you like?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That sounds like a good deal from Paul W - bite his hand off (or just belt it witht he hammer stone ;)).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE