Help in ID ing a Smock

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I was wondering if anyone could help me ID this smock i was given as after helping out the old boy down the road a few years ago, i saw him digging and as i had the day off offered to do it for him, he gave me the smock to cover my clothes (a set of wellies would have been better) as i had to take it off before i died of heat exhaustion) he refused to have it back and after a week of him leaving it in a bag on my door handle and me taking it back i gave in

Anyhow it is big - XXXL (it must have been a tent on me)
Has white what appear to be Bakerlite Buttons
Has 2 Chest Pockets, 2 Lower front pockets (removed) epaulette holders (removed)
Draw cord waist and hood (with button baffle)
Button Cuffs
Heavy duty Tan Coloured Cotton (i think)

The only markings are C60 in the baffle and what looks like a stamp that hasnt taken properly

I thought it was a Swedish snow smock he probably got years ago whilst skiing but the Mrs old man thinks it may be a desert Smock....Any Ideas (he is now dead so i cant ask him :-(

101_1815.jpg

101_1816.jpg

101_1817.jpg

101_1819.jpg

101_1820.jpg

Last edited:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
It looks like a snow smock with the pockets removed and moved up to chest height. It looks very similar to mine tbh. As for the c60 i have no idea.

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
Thanks for that, its a nice thing to use when its windy, its not so brilliant in the rain as it takes forever to dry

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE