Help! Attaching a bedroll to a Karrimor Sabre 45

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
A: Nice new Karrimor Sabre SF 45

B: Nice new Wynnchester Adventurer Bedroll

Can I work out how to attach B to A?

I thought the loops at the bottom were the key but the roll is 8-10 inches in diameter.

Can the collective help?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
It comes with something just like that. I could loop that through the hoops on the bottom but then it's going to dangle. Next thing I will have a cup dangling from it too- carry on camping style.

The 45 is my load lugger. So from car to base camp. Just want it all squared away.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
What about just hooking the carrier it comes with over the lid to take the weight and just any old strap accross the roll itself to stop it flapping about?

From memory there's nowhere on the main body of a sabre that I would personally like to hang a wynnchester bedroll without straining sommat

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I know this doesn't help you any, but your quandry is precisely why I use the predator instead of the sabre; you can use the MOLLE to steady stuff that needs to be carried very easily. It's the one use of MOLLE that I'd miss.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Strong green bungees are your friend :) put it wherever you want it and then bungee it until it stays there :)

Always bungeed stuff to the outside of my bergen when we had too much to carry, always worked a treat.

Hope that helps,

Bam. :)

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Bedroll is 3.8kgs. And my wool blanket.... Change channels now Julia .... Is another couple.

I'm not sure a would hang all that off Molle even.

I think I could replace a side pocket with it pretty much perfectly.

I guess it's going to have to be bungees. I'm sure there is a neat solution that's just out of my reach.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"..I guess it's going to have to be bungees..."

I was thinking cord rather than bungees, a couple of truckers hitches to secure the bundle and then take the working ends down through the slots behind the side pouches, through the straps on the bottom and then back up again to the bundle. It would be quite stable if walking any distance and you'd have some cord to use at your camp. :)

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
There are a couple loops and clips on the bottom of the side pouches that look inviting.

Will have a play with some paracord tomorrow. Cheers peeps!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I will certainly let you know when I get it attached. I was a bit worried on top would be a bit top heavy.

The side pouch attachments up there might be worth a try.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I have the 45 and was thinking I would use the loops on the front and securing the bedroll vertical on the front of the pack. Still jealous

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I was thinking cord rather than bungees, a couple of truckers hitches to secure the bundle and then take the working ends down through the slots behind the side pouches, through the straps on the bottom and then back up again to the bundle. It would be quite stable if walking any distance and you'd have some cord to use at your camp. :)

Despite being pretty good with knots, I've never been able to make kit stick to my Bergen anywhere near as well, as snuggly or as long using para cord than I have with bungees.....that's kinda why we used them lol and at risk of labouring the point, at least when you get to camp you'll have some nice stretchy big rubber bands that are really hard to replicate from natural materials......unlike cordage which is easy to make ;)

Granted...it's not a perfect solution but it's the best I've found.....other than it doesn't fit the "bushy feel" test lol :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Well jealous about Your bedroll

And me, so much so I can hardly bring myself to comment :D

In my minds eye I had pictured the roll on top of the pack rather than the bottom, which I would think would feel a little better when carrying.

Better up top I'd have thought, mounted underneath it's going to swing about, on the back of the pack will alter your centre of gravity if you see what I mean.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Found a nice set of leather bedroll straps on eBay last night. Wynnchester are out of stock. Will suit the bedroll a dream but certainly haven't taken myself forward other than I can now sling it over my shoulder.

2994200ad307f7d2dcf10f66366e9ca0.jpg

Last edited:

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I think you have the best solution Keep the bedroll separate and sling it over your shoulder that's the traditional way they were carried anyway Should reduce your rucksack weight considerably lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE