Hello to you all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike T

Oct 29, 2004
Sussex
Hello to you all,
Having read some of the chat, I thought it high time to (a) subscribe and (b) introduce myself. I’m a relative newbie to Bushcraft and to this site (so forgive me if I seem slow in coming forward and I’ll try really hard not to ask any silly or previously-asked questions!) :roll: .

My childhood was spent playing in the woods until study took over far too soon. Half of the 1980’s were spent at Medical School, and the next few years learning endurance-survival, working silly hours in hospitals :yikes: (it kept me off the streets I s’pose). The TA looked a good counter balance, though it was a busman’s holiday (2% Bushcraft and 98% rehearsing for a war with the Soviet Union :?: ).

I was a GP for 10 years, but opted to have my life/sanity back :) 3 years ago, accepting an invite to work part time for a Charity (Hospice), do a little part time work as a Homeopath, and part time helping my wonderful wife with our kids (tried school but it was sucking the joy, curiosity and wonder out of them; now they are happier, more sociable and have regained their natural curiosity and wonder for the world).

Mr Mears’ TV programmes prompted a search for courses and a wonderful week with likeminded folk and the staff of the Woodcraft School in W Sussex. Now I’m hooked, although finding the time to get out there and DO the stuff is proving a bit more problematic … maybe I’ll give up health care altogether and follow Wayne’s example :pack: ?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
... and thank you for becomming a supporting member! :biggthump

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Hi Mike.

Well met :wave:

Enjoy your stay, They're all crazy of course but hey, what's a little madness amongst friends :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE