Hello from Somerset UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all

I was thrown in at the deep end into bush crafting for real at the start of the year and here is how.

I took a job at our local holiday camp as an engineer as I'm well know for my ability to repair or make any items that they have asked me to but just as the holiday season was about to start our fully qualified ranger decided to quit, fortunately I have had a passing interest in such life skills for many years but no practice except in a previous employment I was a it tutor for higher education, so teaching was a skill set I picked up as well. anyway to cut a long story very short I've been teaching family's throughout the summer to start fires from using magnesium rods right through to flint and steel with my own made char cloth and even making and using a bow friction setup with success, the only thing I haven't done is iron pyrite yet and that's just because I don't have, I now don't think of it as a job but more about passing on life building skills that the kids especially love. I must be doing it right as I receive good feedback but now I want to learn new skills so here I am with eyes wide open and ears ready to listen.

That's me and I say hello to you all and hope you don't mind me quizzing you from time to time

Kevin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE