Hello from Bexhill...

Nov 15, 2012
East Sussex
Hi all!

1st off great forum!

I am fairly new to all this and am just wondering if there is anyone local to me that can teach me a thing or two and show me the Para co...err i mean ropes! I've seen enough Bear Mears;) and watched enough Youtube videos now and want some hands on experience! None of my friends are really interested so I thought i'd head here and check out the locals! I haven't ever spent the night "out" but am looking to soon so if I could tag along with anyone that would be great or if anyone else is in my situation then let me know and we can head out together! :)

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hi all!

1st off great forum!

I am fairly new to all this and am just wondering if there is anyone local to me that can teach me a thing or two and show me the Para co...err i mean ropes! I've seen enough Bear Mears;) and watched enough Youtube videos now and want some hands on experience! None of my friends are really interested so I thought i'd head here and check out the locals! I haven't ever spent the night "out" but am looking to soon so if I could tag along with anyone that would be great or if anyone else is in my situation then let me know and we can head out together! :)

Morning mate and welcome. Our local Sussex meet is near Forest Row this weekend. You'll be welcomed. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98740

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Welcome to the forum. As widu13 says, you'd be welcome at the Sussex meet but if you haven't slept out before, November might not be the best time to start...

Nov 15, 2012
East Sussex
Thanks for the welcome guy's!

Morning mate and welcome. Our local Sussex meet is near Forest Row this weekend. You'll be welcomed. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98740

unfortunately cant make that on such short notice! thanks anyway though :)

Welcome to the forum. As widu13 says, you'd be welcome at the Sussex meet but if you haven't slept out before, November might not be the best time to start...

Thanks! Im not afraid of the cold or rain :) I just want to get out before the snow really! And when I said that I mean Ive never slept out in terms of using bush craft skills...ive been out a few times with a big old tent and a thick sleeping bag with friends a while back but that wasnt really what i class as camping as we were up almost all of the night drinking with an hour shut eye:D Im looking to get a tarp and go for the minimalistic approach! I like to make things hard for myself!:lmao:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hello and welcome, to BCUK, always loads of tips and information on the forumn , have fun join in and enjoy,

Get your self along to the Sussex's meet, great group of Guys and lasses, been to their meet myself, and deff will be visitng them again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE