Hello and question from the Isle of Wight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 21, 2006
Isle of Wight
Good day fellow bushcraft adventurers!!
I have a question that I placed in another forum, but though that this might be better instead.
As you may have guessed, I am from the sunny old Isle of Wight and am new to the forum today.
At the moment I know of no other bushcraft enthusiasts over here, but would be delighted to know of any out there on this forum is from the IOW, or if anyone on this forum knows anyone on the Island who would be interested in meeting. There are lots of great places over here and I would be delighted to share many of them with you. The Island is mostly greenery and hills and countryside and has many opportunities to enjoy and hone your bushcraft skills - something that I have been trying to do recently. The 2500 acre farm has some fantastic places to spend a few days in peace and quiet living off the land and enjoying fresh rabbit and a few other goodies, not to mention the huge number of wooded areas where I live. All of this on my doorstep!!
So, can anyone help me?

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Welcome Island Forager.

Did I hear you right? You have the run of a large farm and enjoy living off the land with like minded people bushcraft orientated people?

It is just a thought, but if you were to suggest an IoW meetup then you might well get takers from this forum from many spots in Southern England and I might be one of them!

Or, you might like to go on other meetups first to see what people here are like.

Rocket

Mar 30, 2006
Isle of Wight
Island Forager said:
Good day fellow bushcraft adventurers!!
I have a question that I placed in another forum, but though that this might be better instead.
As you may have guessed, I am from the sunny old Isle of Wight and am new to the forum today.
At the moment I know of no other bushcraft enthusiasts over here, but would be delighted to know of any out there on this forum is from the IOW, or if anyone on this forum knows anyone on the Island who would be interested in meeting. There are lots of great places over here and I would be delighted to share many of them with you. The Island is mostly greenery and hills and countryside and has many opportunities to enjoy and hone your bushcraft skills - something that I have been trying to do recently. The 2500 acre farm has some fantastic places to spend a few days in peace and quiet living off the land and enjoying fresh rabbit and a few other goodies, not to mention the huge number of wooded areas where I live. All of this on my doorstep!!
So, can anyone help me?

Hi,
Just found this forum, and from the Island too!

Stu

May 13, 2016
Vectis
Just joined the forum, also from the IoW. Mr Forager, sounds like a most generous offer. Do you know if there's a local bushcrafter group for semi regular meets or events?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE