Hell on wheels

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Is anyone else enjoying series 3?

I don't watch a large amount of TV but have always enjoyed a good "Western" - I think the last one I really enjoyed was "Deadwood" with messrs Olyphant and McShane (suitably grubby and the best "Calamity Jane" yet). Hell on wheels seems similarly gritty but still enough of the "Saturday Morning flicks" spirit of adventure

Am I alone in still liking a good Western?

Red

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I started to watch the first series which I liked alot but then went on holiday and didn't go back to it. Seemed very good at the time.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Absolutely love westerns. I'm a big fan of Deadwood and I'm also enjoying Hell on Wheels. I think the pace is just right in season three so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out with the natives!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yes. It's a good series.

Shame Deadwood ended, and the promised two movies to complete Al's story never happened :/

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ian McShane was corking in Deadwood wasn't he? I could have happily watched more - although Timothy Olyphant did go on to give us "Justified" which is I guess a "modern Western" :).

The only other thing on that I really look forward to at the moment is "Longmire" - another "modern Western" - got to love a bit of "escapism".

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I love a good western. Ive got all of the first series on gf's sky planner taking up a load of space - she not so much a western fan. :D

With the exception of Django unchained and 3:10 to juma there is not too many good films these days though.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Ian McShane was corking in Deadwood wasn't he? I could have happily watched more - although Timothy Olyphant did go on to give us "Justified" which is I guess a "modern Western" :).

The only other thing on that I really look forward to at the moment is "Longmire" - another "modern Western" - got to love a bit of "escapism".

Yeah, watch those both too :)

Though Justified is off air atm and literally just watched the final season 2 episode of Longmire.

Another one I enjoy is Copper, based mid 19th century in New York (largely Five Points area) made by BBC America.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Hell on wheels is ace. Love that series, one of our favs. Love westerns, 3.10 to Yuma is one of my favourite films too.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Love a good western. Unfortunately for me I haven't thought of very many westerns made since the late 60s or early 70s as "good. Hidalgo was an exception; also Last of the Dogmen. As were pretty much anything with Tom Selleck or Sam Elliot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE