Heads Up Reindeer hides

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Someone tell me that I'm reading this all wrong.
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=reindeer+hide
Seems that a hide from Lapland will cost £99 + postage whereas a hide prepared in Asia and shipped via Canada costs a fraction of that even though there is no mention of postal costs to UK/Europe.
Could be an easier way of getting your sticky mits on a skin for use around the campfire or in your hammock!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have seen some that have just dropped all the hair and these ones are "as delicate as they are beautiful." according to the ad.

I have one from bearclaw bushcraft and it's been used and abused for a number of years now without losing more than a few hairs along the way... I have also seen some from bison bushcraft that are equally as good. £85 including silicone back...

This can be done at home though with some common bathroom silicone sealant watered down.

If you're after one, regardless of where you end up getting it, I would beware second rate hides.

totally lush way to spend the night though!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Squidders,
My good Lady got one for me recently. What a star - and you're right its a cracking way to sleep somewhere cold.
I'm intrigued about this silicone treatment you mention, what does it entail please?

ATB

Ogri the trog

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Someone had suggested that I get one of these for my hammock. the thinking being that it would work as well as an under blanket.

I'd only recently started looking into it and I was stunned by the price :eek: There was me thinking £30/£40

P

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE