Heads Up - Patrick Moore tonight

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
If it's clear (fingers crossed), i'll be out observing Jupiter with the 90mm Refractor:) so will catch up on iPlayer, thanks for the heads up though.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hubby now green with envy! He used to do that sort of thing. He's over t'other side of the fire asking if it's apochromatic ... summat to do with colour I spose :)

Aye tis an apochromatic scope, i could set up my 4" Newtonian,the Maksutov Cassegrain and the other 3" Reflector thats on an equatorial mount as well if he would like:cool:.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aye tis an apochromatic scope, i could set up my 4" Newtonian,the Maksutov Cassegrain and the other 3" Reflector thats on an equatorial mount as well if he would like:cool:.

Show off :lmao:. I shall drag him along one day and dump him on you, he'd love to see your kit.
Not only are we being delighted by Patrick but Dr Brian May is still very good eye candy :cool:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Show him this, it's an image of the planet Saturn i took a few years back using my 5" scope & nothing more than a modified web cam, if you look at the bottom right of the image, you can see the shadow being cast by the planet on the ring system.

mjSaturn26-3-07.jpg

Was a cracking evenings viewing, Patrick only lived 20 miles or so West of me, although i never had the opportunity to meet him, too late now, but all the time we remember him, he will always be with us.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE