Hazel Spoons

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Was bored out of my skull earlier, so i locked myself away in the shed and did some carving and listened to the rain hammer on the roof, amongst some of the things i carved was this spoon, i started it up the woods last week and finished it off today, it's made from a piece of Hazel and unbeknown to me when i started it, had an inclusion in the wood, right at the top of the bowl, because of this it will only be used for display purposes rather than for food prep.

DSCF4441sep.jpg

I also made myself a new eating spoon, i don't particularly need a new one, but as i carved this spoon, it just seemed to happen and the more i carved the more it seemed the right thing to make, i have to admit this one worked out pretty well, it's a bit more chunky that my regular style, but being it's going to be a user I'm not overly unhappy with that, i think it will be perfect for eating my Cornflakes with, only problem i can see with that is, i don't eat breakfast:)

DSCF4432sep.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
as always, lovely work. the bottom one is what i think of as a bushcraft spoon, elegent, hand-made, beautifully understated (or is that understatedly (i might have made that one up) beautiful?), and above all else wonderfully practical. top work.

also; eat breakfast, it's the most important meal of the morning!

stuart

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
as always, lovely work. the bottom one is what i think of as a bushcraft spoon, elegent, hand-made, beautifully understated (or is that understatedly (i might have made that one up) beautiful?), and above all else wonderfully practical. top work.

also; eat breakfast, it's the most important meal of the morning!

stuart

cheers mate, nah cant face food that early in the day

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE