Hazel Spoon

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
At last starting to get back into things, including my carving which ive not been able to do much of at all for the past 18 months due to a protracted recovery from a long term illness which basically left me paralysed and amongst others things, needing to learn how to walk again.

Anyway, i finally got this Hazel spoon finished off yesterday afternoon, id left it far too long to do and i kept moving it from one end of the work bench to the other and back again, carving it was hard going, not only because it was rock hard dry, but also because of my current lack of dexterity, so to make life easier for me, I elected to sand it rather than go with my customary tooled finish, all that sanding also gave my arms and shoulders a half decent workout too.:cool:

20969259_1879027782416412_1121562904701698048_n.jpg

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
What a lovely little spoon that is, I tend to sand most of mine as I don't have the skill (or being honest patience) to make a proper tooled finish. I feel your pain when it comes to working seasoned wood as it's sometimes all I can get my hands on but also can't think of better ways build back your hand strength and dexterity unless you happen to play guitar as well! 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE