Hawk mask

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Ok guys did a bit of work to my hawk tonight first hacked off a few inches on the handle then whipped it with some bankline and made a leather mask from it scrounged the leather from an old soft briefcase a buddy gave me while back. first time working it yep it looks like hell but it'll do

100_3816.jpg

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Indeed there are two types of gear, lookers and purely functional. and if it does the job it does the job right.
Yet the little materialist inside me always wants to make something epic, that is why my "little"project tend to run for at least 5 months ^^
Yours sincerely Ruud

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
It does the job and stops the blade cutting you or your pack, but if this is very sharp please be carefully that I'd does not come loose, and cuts your hand my friend.
there is a great stitch that's very useful and easy for this type of sheath, it's called the baseball stitch, I'm not sure if that's what you have used, but works a treat.
take care.
lee.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
looks good to me mate, if it works and you are happy with it, then the jobs a good un:)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Thanks Mate. Eh a GB mask is way beyond my leather working skills now anyways besides like ya said I like the look on the hawk
Hi mate if you can make this you can certainly make a gb one bud, you already have the confidence to make this, just keep trying, and you will be surprised what you can achieve.
take care, and good luck with your leather work.
lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE