Harvestman !!!!!!!!!!!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Why? He looks happy enough where he is. :cool:

Male Tegenaria, possibly T. gigantica, though I can't be certain from the picture.

Don't worry, they don't bite.
Actually, they can, but I'm trying to be reassuring.

Last edited:

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i'm not going anywhere near it !

that was taken with a great big zooooom on the camera !

need to get SWMBO to get rid of it but truth be told, i'm more scared of waking her up than i am of Gitantigus bloodyhugeus !!

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Leave him alone. He's just looking for a girlfriend, and trust me, when he finds her he will be a lot more afraid of her than you are of yours.

Besides, he's a house spider. He lives there too, and pays rent by reducing the insect numbers within your home.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i've shut the dog in the kitchen so it doesn't get eaten ! ( the dog )

i'll leave it be, live and let live and all that but bloody hell its a big'un and i really don't like them :(

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
not sure how to put this politely..................................

...does it end with "and the horse you rode in on?"

<shudder>

It'd be dead in my house. Irrational I know, but they give me the heebeegeebees

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
There was one in the bedroom a couple of days ago. Freekin huge thing. They can move when they want to robbie. Really fast.

Apparently their modus operandi, is to let you see them, then as soon as your back is turned, they hide. Then they like to crawl over peoples faces when they are asleep.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
There was one in the bedroom a couple of days ago. Freekin huge thing. They can move when they want to robbie. Really fast.

Apparently their modus operandi, is to let you see them, then as soon as your back is turned, they hide. Then they like to crawl over peoples faces when they are asleep.

Fastest spider in the world, allegedly. I kid you not.

The second bit is just slanderous though. They are far too fastidious to stand on anything so unpleasant.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

Oh you sod !

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Be more rational and pick the harmless little creature up and put it outside. Don't forget let us know whether or not you fainted.;)

Its weird huh? I've jumped out of perfectly good aeroplanes, had teeth pulled without anaesthetic, broken 9 bones and walked into hospital, regularly put a bare hand into 70,000 bees, I think snakes are gorgeous creatures. But no, if I was James Bond, you would just have to put that thing in the room and I'd tell you everything! I can see the silliness - but I think we all have irrational fears. My Dad was the same, I've tried not to show my horror of them to my daughter so as not to "pass it on". Its something in the way the move <shudders again>

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Its weird huh? I've jumped out of perfectly good aeroplanes, had teeth pulled without anaesthetic, broken 9 bones and walked into hospital, regularly put a bare hand into 70,000 bees, I think snakes are gorgeous creatures. But no, if I was James Bond, you would just have to put that thing in the room and I'd tell you everything! I can see the silliness - but I think we all have irrational fears. My Dad was the same, I've tried not to show my horror of them to my daughter so as not to "pass it on". Its something in the way the move <shudders again>

Yep. My irrational fear is of people. Nasty things. They kill unassuming cute cuddly beasties like wasps and spiders on sight, for no apparent reason.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
...and you are more logical than me.

I do generally catch under a glass and put them out with a bit of paper, but I can't pretend I haven't squashed the odd one - sorry :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE