Hankley Common Training Area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
Does anybody here go wandering around Hankley (near Tilford, Surrey) at all? I usually take the dog there on Sunday mornings and occasionally spot others who look like 'suspect' bushcrafters. Actually, that raises a point ... how to positively ident another addict? We need some sort of universal recognition signal (other than bald patches on our arms :).

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Me.............I do. I live about 5 mins away from there.

I used to go there loads but I've not been for a while. I managed to get my own woods so I tend to hang around them, give us a shout if ya want to come over. :)

Feb 10, 2007
London
Hi Pete,

Was interested to read the bit about "your own woods" and wondered if you were some kind of land baron...lol

Would be interested to learn more about your place.

All the best....Paul

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
Have'nt been there for years but it used to be the place Paras first went in training to carry out tactical exercises and learn about cam and concealment and fieldcraft. Great place, made me think about having a look again, when I'm passing.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
bloodline said:
Try hanging a red spotted hankey out of your back pocket and see who approaches you :lmao: :lmao:

Be very careful which side you choose, and definatly don't get it wrong in San Francisco. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
palmnut said:
Does anybody here go wandering around Hankley (near Tilford, Surrey) at all? I usually take the dog there on Sunday mornings and occasionally spot others who look like 'suspect' bushcrafters. Actually, that raises a point ... how to positively ident another addict? We need some sort of universal recognition signal (other than bald patches on our arms :).

Yes, I frequently mooch about at Hankley and have even spent the odd night there when the Army aren't playing. (I know it's naughty, but my view is that I'm just having a lay down, not camping!)

Joker, any chance of taking you up on the offer of a nose around your woods? I promise I'm well behaved and not a pyromaniac!

Yeoman

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
Well, assuming the women who run this house give me permission (always a little uncertain ;-), I should be wandering around there from about 09:30 today for a couple of hours - the Real-Tree Green jacket and German Shepherd Dog are the give-away. If you're there, say Hi! I usually start from the car park at SU875 414.

I'd certainly be interested to see your place too Joker - almost sounds like a mini-meet in the offing! The Hankley Wanderers?

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Alas I was at work this morning Palmnut,

I'll PM you with a phone number.

................ Might be able to make next Sunday morning!

Yeoman

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
As it happens, yesterday was one of those that the 'always a little uncertain' clause cut in - SWMBO came home from feeding her four-legged hay-mangler and informed me that we were going house hunting. Such is the rich tapestry of my life under the thumb ;-) All I got was a quick dash with the hound just at dusk.

May be next week ... women permitting :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE