hangover?

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
heavy night last night so i'm nursing the hangover from hell. this is the big one lock up the pets and cancel the milk that sort of thing. anyway whilst swaying around the kitchen looking for a cure i got to thinking what would i do if i had a hangover out in the woods?
that hurt too much so i was wondering what you chaps and chappesses would do in that situation?

matt

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
if i was just camping, sleep it off.

if stranded somewhere (i.e. surviving) with sufficient alcohol to get my self hungover then i would abstain to prevent getting a hangover. wouldnt let myself get in the position

however, rehydration and replensihment of body salts will sort it out, and some food

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Drinking less usually helps ;)

I've had a few before and I find it helps being out as there's stuff to take your mind off it. Getting spinnies in the hammock's not good though.

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
I've had a few killers before.

Here in Oz they now have to give you a glass of water for free if you ask, so when I go to the bar, I get a pint and a pint of water. Skull back water, then drink beer.

Last time I went out I did that, got rip tearing drunk and woke up the next day fine (well, sleep deprived and a little seedy but not headachy)

also find that as you get older, the more your body hurts. Easy remedy is to slow down. Thats what I've done

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Drink plenty water and eat sugary stuff. Alcohol crashes your bodys blood sugar levels and gets rid of body salts so try and top them up asap, if camping etc I take the lucozade sport powder and add it to my bottles of water. Replaces the sugars and salts the body needs. Get some carbs into you too, bacon n sausage rolls are tops :) Failing that, some noodles or pasta.

Other way is to just get pi**ed again for the day, have a good long sleep and wake up the next day with an appetite like you wouldn't believe :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE