Hand drill components

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Hiya

Being in an area with not many trees making me unable to get my own components, does anyone know where I can purchase either pre made or just the raw bits needed to make a hand drill?

Many thanks

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Sorry can’t comment on the hand drill bit, but on your website you need to do a little work on the front page.

For my 2 peneth I would suggest replacing the pictures of the camera's with pictures you have taken and also make the whole picture a link.

Try using graphics as links rather than plain text.
In general I find people can have a rubbish site with great content and no one will take it seriously on the other hand people can have a swish site with rubbish content and everyone raves.

Some of the pictures seem to be squashed either horizontally or vertically as though it’s not in the original height and width parameters

Just my opinion

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
omg 22 quid for a bow drill set thats heavy

honestly your best bet is to search out a timber yard go for a walk in some woods and gather what you need leave to dry out then carve into the components - now i am rubbish at carving (should of seen my spoon ) but even i managed to make the bow drill there are lots of combintions of wood you can use . bit of research and foraging.
i really think its important to be able to make the bow drill before being able to use it - the reason being that after you can do that you only need your knife. otherwise justifying carrying a bow drill set in your pack is countered quite easily with the arguement why not just carry a few bic lighters

also your going to really mess the bow drill up when your first using them and even if you are experianced they wear down pretty quick

as a relative beginger to both bow drill making and using i still find a bit of adversion each time i make and try to use but i think its far better to make your own and learn from there

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Thankyou all for your replies, my website is almost ready and although i am not an expert, it is better, the pics got squished as someone else uploaded them for me as i had problems and had no connection.

I appreciate all comments good or bad, if you have any ideas that may help improve it please pm the info.

Many thanks all :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE