Hand crafted things.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I like to make stuff, and wanted a chunky crochet hook to make a chunky scarf, and blanket.. As there are no suitable shops within 20 miles, and have made a vow not to order on the net unless its absolutely vital, I decided to make one
The crochet is just a practice piece to see whether it needs further refining. It's working perfectly. And best of all it's free, apart from 15 minutes of my time.
I have 3 more part fashoned in different thicknesses, and am looking at making some knitting needles too.
Bushcraft can be far more than lighting fires and setting up a tarp.
20241026_121415.jpg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats grand, I cant knit...

...or crochet....

...or nalbind...

I have been sewing up a light summer tunic from some cloth I got here...

Obviously its rather pricey but its good to pop in, they have a reduced table. So I paid £12.50 for one metre which full price would cost about £50.

Reactions: Woody girl

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I wonder how far I have traveled in the wake of my wife after similar deals :lmao:

Then come to a shuddering halt as she is ambushed by a discounted yarn bin

• Haha
Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I wonder how far I have traveled in the wake of my wife after similar deals :lmao:

Then come to a shuddering halt as she is ambushed by a discounted yarn bin
Oh I can't pass a yarn shop. If I see one I go all wobbly and start babbling " ooooh look,! oh wow!, I wonder if they have any..xyz?
I think I need another bag!" :) :)

• Love
Reactions: Brizzlebush

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I try to avoid getting anything I dont need these days. (And with crafts it helps to grab bargains)

I needed some cloth for a tunic, and also some thick winter trews.

And that piece I did pay full price for.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE