Hand carved, pear wood hammer handle

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
Just a quick handle i made for a club hammer head i had, no power tools, no measuring, no marking. just eyes and hands.

[video=youtube;yaaLUVdBrZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaaLUVdBrZM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
Thanks for all the posertive comments. I'm working on a bowl at the moment and i will be doing a video in the same style for the bowl. its going to be hand carved and quite big. made from western red ceder. i will post it up when its done, got some drying time to wait though :(

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
Never thought I'd watch the whole thing but lovely to see it taking shape. Was the wedge pear too?

hi, im glad you watched the whole thing, I'm working on my editing to try and make it not boring. i had the wedge out of frame when i bashed it in so i was not happy about that. the wedge was made from a big chip from a swift axe blow the wood was snake bark mapple (common name) and i just used a knife to make the already wedge shaped chip smooth and the pounded it in, i don't have an step wedges though. i have been using it pretty hard and its not loose so i will hope for the best. i soaked the top in oil overnight to make it expand and try and get maximum tightness.

if it comes loose. i will just do it again, my philosophy is do the best with what you have, or make what you need.

overclocker_kris

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2014
staines
www.youtube.com
Good Job mate consider having yourself another follower on your youtube page.
looking forward to see more of your stuff.
Yours sincerely Ruud

every subscriber i get gives me a smile. i have been making things for so many years now but never documented any of it. my good friend told me to start making videos and him and my girlfriend got me a camera. so I'm putting it to use and i must say it is very rewarding. i just wish i had videos of all the other things i have made.

anyway, thanks for the sub and i hope you enjoy the videos, I'm uploading one now, thanks to vestlenning i have made a sheath for a gouge that was in danger of getting a chipped edge.

in about 4 weeks i will own some land and the real work will begin. i hope in the future to offer a place for woodland activities and education.

kris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE