Hammock/Underblanket Combination

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Hi guys,

After my recent first outing with the Greater Manchester lot, I got a a bit of a preference for the hammock. Of course, as soon as I was told about, and subsequently tried it with, an underblanket, I was hooked.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any hammocks and underblankets they'd be willing to donate, sell, or trade for what little I can offer (i.e. Paracord bracelets :p), preferably of the DD Frontline variety. Any links in place of offers would also be helpful.

Thanks guys, and if this doesn't work out, it was worth a try!

Cheers,

Phaestos

P.S. Mods? If this is in the wrong place, I gratefully request you transfer it over to the appropriate spot. I'm still getting to grips with the forum.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
You would be talking the best part of £100 for a basic 'bought' frontline and a fitted UQ.

This time of year (bug free) you can get away with a simple tenth wonder hammock and a good thick dutch blanket/windscreen reflector. Best part of £25!
Not sure how this would fair in the very depths of winter, but its a cheap start that you should get several weeks out of.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Light underquilts are expensive. Sleeping bag or poncho liner UQs are cheap but heavy/bulky. They're just as effective, if not more so - if you're not carrying it far then save the expense & make one from a sleeping bag - you can knock one up in 10 minutes (I've even improvised with a wool blanket and it was fine)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
That's a good price for a frontline mate, is it the one that zips open on both sides?

And my underblanket is only a summer bag and I've used it in December! you could always put your roll mat in as well to give you double insulation although i doubt you'd need it.

Dave

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have a spare UKhammocks 1/2 length down underquilt, would take £40 posted for it.
This is big enough to cover from shoulders to knees.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
005-6.jpg

I was wrong, not a eurohike but something called a Freecamp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE